Sunday, January 1, 2012

Barefoot Running

I would like to introduce you to my latest purchase!
Toe-Shoes!

Studies have recently shown, some running shoes can alter your running stride too much and cause issues later in life.Barefoot shoes (toe-shoes) running enables your body/feet to produce it's natural running stride while still protecting your feet from the nasties of the road.

I have recently become a fan of running! a couple of months ago, you couldn't get me into runners, I was fine with walking,  but it wasn't until I started to jog with my sister of a morning when I started to enjoy it, I loved the feeling it gave me when I achieved a particular distance or time. I can't wait to be one of those sexy runners you see on the side of the road wearing nothing but a pair of runners and shorts early of a morning. (got a long way to go)  :) . At the moment I am mainly a treadmill runner, I understand it removes the freedom that running on a street can bring, but I have no doubt that one day when I am confident enough I will remove myself from the belt and onto the beaten-track (or pavement).

I haven't yet had a go to see how the shoes behave when I jog, but I did try them on and wear them around the house for a couple of hours.... I'll keep you updated.

I purchased mine off a store on eBay, However here is the website for the product.
http://www.vibramfivefingers.it/

I have noticed that a lot of other shoe makers have been following the trend, with adidas's realise of the AdiPure Toe-shoes:


No comments:

Post a Comment